A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

H. My name is ***** ***** & I might need to talk w/ my dr.

Customer Question

H. My name is ***** ***** & I might need to talk w/ my dr. about switching from generic re a lisinopril Rx Y'think?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've been on Metopolol for appr 3 yrs, but the BP remaine high. When lisinopril was added, my condition ... well. I becme quite ill & very suddenly Cough, dizziness, problems breathing, & more Emergency, iow, & the dx is congestive heart failure I think the combo of BP meds might acually be the culprit I am NOT blaming my physician
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

The leading causes of congestive heart failure are heart attack and/or coronary artery disease. Other possible causes are valve damage from rheumatic fever, congenital defects in the heart (those you are born with), atherosclerosis, diabetes and high blood pressure. If someone has congestive heart failure they should avoid drugs that cause sodium retention or affect the heart's beating power. Such drugs are things like non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (Advil, Motrin), a few diabetes drugs, and a class of high blood pressure medications called calcium channel blockers.

Lisinopril is actually used to treat congestive heart failure. It doesn't cause it.

What other drugs do you take?

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fexofenadine was the only other drug. Now there are the 2 BP meds plus an assortment of steroidal products to reduce inflammation from airborne allergies. Ms. Schyler, I want you to call me, but on the landline, & I agree to the $45 consult. Okay?
My landline # ***** *****

It was lovely speaking to you on the phone just now, and I look forward to hearing how you are doing next week.

Warm regards,

Schuyler

~