A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I recently shared a rolled ticket with another person (she

Customer Question

Hello doctor,
I recently shared a rolled ticket with another person (she said she's healthy) to snort a very little amount of cocaine. I'm not used to it and maybe I'm just paranoid. Is it possibile to get HIV or HCV in that way? Didn't notice blood on the rolled ticket and I definitely didn't have any open wound in my nose. Thank you so much.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 10 months ago.

While little in the world is impossible today, there is very little likelihood that you got either HIV or HCV that way. As a general rule, it is best to avoid sharing anything with someone who uses drugs, then you never have to worry about catching a disease.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~