Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have a cough with a strange bleach/chlorine aftertaste

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is***** have a cough with a strange bleach/chlorine aftertaste that is getting worse. I am currently under treatment for a sinus infection
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am just trying to figure out why fluid/mucous from my lungs would have a bleach smell/taste and if this is something I should be seeking treatment for
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. Just want to make sure my real name is ***** ***** online...
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

What are you taking for your sinus infection? Certain antibiotics may cause perversion of taste as a side effect ....

So far from reading your description I think that it may more likely be a side effect ...

Let me know further details as to what you have been taking and the time frame of this vs symptoms

I doubt that this is anything that you need medical evaluation for at this point ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know on details or Further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD