Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Severe left side pain when sleeping, last night I awoke and

Customer Question

Customer: Severe left side pain when sleeping, last night I awoke and could not move my body, I had rolled onto left side, severe pain - a 9 or 10, never felt like that ever in my life. My husband had to help me roll over to one side, I couldn't do it myself. Middle, around rib cage area. I'm 45, healthy, I workout 2-3 times a week, once a week with trainer. No pain while urinating.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It felt like somebody kicked me as I hard as possible, it became bruised, and then it was kicked again even harder.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 10 months ago.

Is pain located in left chest or lower left abdomen?

Do you have nausea,vomiting?

Heartburn,bloating?

Shortness of breath?

Any other medical history?

Are you taking any medication?

Fever?

Back pain?

Neck stiffness?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Near bottom of left rib cage. Inside that area. Pain is less than 1 right now, i can just feel where the pain radiated from, but on 3 ibuprofens. On monday i had severe migraime, with nausea, but it lasted for about 6 hours. No other pain, stiffness, fever.
I take 3-4000 iu vitamin d, 1/2 centrum multivitamin, fish oil, and claritin generic every day.
Heavy bleeding for past 10 years during periods first 3 days, clotting every few minutes is my norm. My last period was dec. 27th, i start every 21 days.
No back pain or shortness of breath.
The pain occurs while sleeping on left side. This morning at 5 it was the most pain ive had in my life, even more than childbirth.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
3 or 4 of the 1000 iu vitamin d's

It’s my first priority to serve you.
Thanks for providing more information.

Well as you describe,with the severity of pain possible causes may include Kidney stone,Gastritis,Costochondritis,Diverticulitis.

You can continue Ibuprofen alternatively with Tylenol until you see your doctor.

Also add OTC Prilosec.

Eat small meals throughout the day.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Warm compresses with a heating pad can be helpful.

If pain is unbearable then a visit to ER should be considered for pain management.

Injectable antispasmodic medications and IV fluids can be given.

In case of infection,antibiotics can be prescribed.

Otherwise make an appointment with your doctor for further evaluation and management.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.