Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and Health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

When i cough my chest hurts right in the middle i am a

Customer Question

When i cough my chest hurts right in the middle i am a smoker since 17 years old
Can this ripping pain when i cough be due to the fact i smoke the damage to my airway damage from smoking ? And how bad is this what can does it mean
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm DR Chaithanya, experienced General Physician attending you today.

Yes, the cough to due to smoking. It can be due to two reasons why smokers cough. One thing, the cilia in the lungs which help to clear the toxins get paralysed and so the cough occurs, inorder to clear the toxins.

Second thing it can be due to a lung infection. This can be cleared by antibiotics.

In both cases, you need a chest x-ray to diagnose what is wrong.

Consult a Physician after x-ray is done, and you will be treated accordingly.

I’m glad I helped you today. If done for now, please leave positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just noticed i also wheeze when i sitting and just breathing like i feel loke i can hearyself breathing wheeze like and now im worried this is not food really bad given my age and rather short smoking history for these symptoms at36

The symptoms can be due to a lung infection. Please take and x ray chest and go to a Physician. Request for a positive rating. A bonus if you are willing to. Thanks