Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I have internal piles which I'm currently treating with

Customer Question

I have internal piles which I'm currently treating with suppositories but I've recently noticed an infrequent nerve buzzing sensation on the left side inside the top of my leg just to the front of my anus.
Went to my docs on Wednesday and he checked to see whether it was maybe rondo with the arteries being blocked in that area of my groin but couldn't find anything sinister. He couldn't give me an answer and because it's not there all the time it just comes and goes and seems to be worse after I've sat on the loo - I'm not constipated at the moment but I've had a really bad bout of ibs following a family bereavement and lots of stress. There's no pain but my piles are sore and I have a feeling of pressure where the piles are... Can you help,as I'm a bit puzzled... It's not noticeable when I'm lying down in bed nor standing up.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 10 months ago.

Is it located in buttock and radiating to thigh?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Tingling sensation and numbness?

History of Diabetes?

Lower back pain?

Are you currently taking any medications?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not located in my buttock. No inside at the top of the leg towards to middle of my groin in front of anus. No numbness not tingling sensation. Yes taking prednisolone steroid for asthma symptoms since Monday (tablet 5 mg) No diabetes little back pain . Noticed this buzzing sensation a little like a mobile phone vibration since Tuesday but it's not there all the time and eases and disappears when I'm not sitting down... It's mainly around the front of the anus area and vaginal opening. No pain at all except for discomfort from internal and external piles
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Wondered if it's my internal piles pressing on a nerve which is more noticeable when I'm sitting down

It’s my first priority to serve you.
Thanks for providing more information.

Hemorrhoids are dilated blood vessels in the rectum area and can cause lots of irritation (as you already know). Irritation can cause the nerve endings to get irritated as well. Nerve irritation can cause a 'buzzing' or vibrating feeling and that goes for anywhere in the body.

So your sensations you are feeling in the anus,groin and vaginal opening are most likely related to your recent bout of hemorrhoids.A partial occlusion in a vein or artery from a clot or lesion is a rare but possible cause of this type of sensation, caused by the blood in the vein or artery forcing its way around the lesion.

Other possible cause may include Nerve impingement at lumbosacral spine.

So you should do warm compresses at lower back and do warm sitz bath.

Take OTC Motrin.

Also start a multivitamin supplement containing B 12.

You can consider physical therapy also.

A clinical examination by Orthopedist can be considered.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.