Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

1.Moderate suparaspinatus tendinopathy with a bursal surface

Customer Question

Customer: 1.Moderate suparaspinatus tendinopathy with a bursal surface fraying and a small, low-grade interstitial partial tear at the anterior insertion. 2. Fraying of the anterosuperior and anterior labrum with a boderline widened anterosuperior sublabral foramen. 3. Mild degenerative change at the acromioclavicular joint and a mild subacromial subdeltoid bursistis.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is***** is an issue that is concerning my right arm. This is an MRI that I had on Monday and have not heard back from the doctor and I am wondering what will the doctor possibly say to me? PT, Steroid Shot, or Surgery
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 11 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Initial trial is always given to physical therapy. Failure of it would warrant an arthroscopic surgery.

Majority of people with above problems will respond to physical therapy alone. The program should be daily and assisted by the physical therapist. The regimen consists of active and active-assistive range-of-motion exercises combined with stretching. Pain may occur early but within six to eight weeks progress is usually made. Other treatment modalities such as heat and massage may help. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory analgesics may also be beneficial. Deep electrotherapy in the form of short wave diathermy, Interferential current, trans cutaneous electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, phonophoresis also are very helpful initially. Thus following would be likely recommended to you;

1) passive stretching and later strengthening exercises

2) physical therapy

3) deep electrotherapy; iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation

4) local analgesic patch / ointment / spray

5) anti-inflammatory analgesics; Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil)

6) ischemic compression therapy; pressure on the points

7) very mild massage

8) steroid shots

9) acupuncture

Those people who do not respond to the above are considered for the following;

1) A subacromial corticosteroid injection

2) A glenohumeral intra articular injection

3) Surgery; arthroscopic (usually) or open surgery, if all the above fail.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.