Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Pains with movement in left shoulder, left upper back and a

Customer Question

Customer: Pains with movement in left shoulder, left upper back and a bit down fom armpit. Sometimes burnig sensation in the left side of the back (middle)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Age 52, man, weight 105, go in for sports regularly. Some two years ago while out in windy and chilly weather got pains a bit lower from armpit. After some 10 days it was over. Could be the reason? Some inflammation of muscles?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

The burning quality of pain suggests a nerve type cause to your pain such as a nerve compression at some point...

You should consult a neurologist to help with evaluation...

They would interview you for details ? physical exam to evaluate for clues as to distribution and clues to cause from actions or movements or positions ( such as the neck in varied position ) which may give clues as to your cause...

The distribution that you describe might be caused by a nerve root compression of perhaps the nerve roots of the lower cervical to upper thoracic spine on the affected side...

Supportive tests such as an MRI of the spine might be ordered by a neurologist ...

How active is your pain now?

You may have benefit from an anti-inflammatory medicine such as Aleve 1 to 2 tablets twice a day with food...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.

Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you. If my answer has been helpful adn to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD