Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have a 6 year old daughter that has osteocondrytis where

Customer Question

I have a 6 year old daughter that has osteocondrytis where her ligaments are growing at a different rate than her bones and giving her extremely sore legs (growing pains).
What can we do for her?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello !

You could give her children's Motrin but I would limit duration of such ( she may take dose -- indicated based on her weight// follow guide on box--- have her take with food---) She may take 2 to 3 doses in a day ...

I would avoid any long term use ( would not advise using continuously for weeks )

Periodic use would be fine and helpful for her however ..

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony,
I was hoping there may be something a bit more kinder to use. how long would we expect her to have this problem we have been told a couple of years and for her to keep running and excessive exercise to a minium

Hello again,

How often is she having pain? What areas are worse for her ? If local area such as ache of knees then she may benefit from a topical such as Aspercream ....a cold pack to sore area for a few minutes at a time would be fine (reduce inflammation and distract sense of pain ) may alternate heating pad ( either heat or cold distracts sense if pain )

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns/ details or discussion.

I will be happy to get back with you

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD