Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I'm ***** ***** I am just learning about Adiponectin and

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I'm ***** ***** I am just learning about Adiponectin and wondering if a supplement is safe I am 60 yrs old.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was told I have high cortisol levels and I may have Cushings disease and can't lose weight.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pharmacy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

With a high cortisol, supplements may not be safe so you should avoid any till it is controlled.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Adiponectin levels are lower in obese than in lean people. Visceral fat deposition has been shown to be an independent negative predictor of adiponectin. Thus, most features of the metabolic syndrome's negative associations with adiponectin have been shown. The primary mechanisms by which adiponectin enhance insulin sensitivity appears to be through increased fatty acid oxidation and inhibition of livr glucose production. In summary, adiponectin in addition to possible anti-inflammatory and anti-atherogenic effects appears to be an insulin enhancer, with potential as a new treatment modality of the obesity.

But with the high cortisol, unless the primary issue is controlled, Adiponectin is unlikely to work to reduce weight.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Hope you are doing good.

Please let me know if you have follow up questions.

My profile link on the site is;

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/?rpt=3800#re.v/459/