Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I'm ***** *****. I have been having loose watery yellow

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** *****. I have been having loose watery yellow stools since right before Thanksgiving. I'm hungry but when I try to eat it makes me nauseated, so I haven't eaten much. I have lost approximately 12 pounds since Thanksgiving. Last week I felt pretty good, but had constipation. But, started yesterday with the diarrhea, nausea, gurgling stomach. I know there has been some stomach viruses going around her, but no ones has lasted this long. My daughter seems to be having the same issue.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: More than what I just told you in the previous message?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hello ,

With length of illness I would advise you to check with your doctor.

I would send stool sample for testing ...check for certain pathogens ...

It could be illness of gastroenteritis ( most of these usually viral ) Norovirus can be stubborn as a frequent culprit ...

I would suggest 5 day trial of PEPTO BISMOL --one dose after each loose stool up to 7 doses per day ( this product may cause a chalky black color of stool ...don't be alarmed with that )

Stick to bland diet ---- mostly carbs / soups / breads / rice / potatoes / bland foods ....avoid large meals or hot spicy dishes

I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if I may be of further help.

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD