Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I take zoloft 100 mg and have taken a nose dive recently, my

Customer Question

Customer: i take zoloft 100 mg and have taken a nose dive recently, my dr. is putting me on Lexapro and said to take half pills of Zoloft for five days, while taking the Lexapro at the same time (10 mg) and then take the zoloft every other day for five days and then not at all. I'm concerned about this.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I stopped taking zoloft for some reason in oct. and a month later I collapsed, mentally and emotionally, and then stopped sleeping. Insom\nia is the main issue right now, since it is killing me.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I"m broke
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

The Zoloft and Lexapro both work on a neurotransmitter >> SEROTONIN as the mechanism of action...

You are not on that high of a dose of Zoloft and not going to a high dose of Lexapro either...

I see no need for you to taper the Zoloft really ( harmless to you to taper as described but equally harmless to stop one today and start the other tomorrow in this case)

Zoloft switch to Lexapro does not require such a taper as described..

I hope that this is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions or concerns . I will be happy to get back with you! If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD