Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Ive been doing some research online on my very sore ankle. I

Customer Question

Ive been doing some research online on my very sore ankle. I did not break it or twist it but it looks as though I have Peroneal Tendonitis. What do you think I should do. It has been hurting for about a month now. Some websites advise a walking boot for 10-14 days then a brace for two more weeks. Does this sound right?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Well I think that you should have the ankle EXAMINED by an orthopedic doctor or sports medicine MD..

You may be correct in your estimate but I think an exam is needed..

Try to stay off of it to extent practical... Avoid strenuous exercise that would likley provoke worsening the condition...

Elevate the foot when you can to help reduce any swelling of the area...

Anti-inflammatory would probably help... Aleve 1 to 2 with FOOD or milk twice day should help in reducing pain/inflammation --would typically expect it to settle down gradually with proper care... several weeks more may be seeing gradual reduction of the pain that you experience...

A brace would likely be of help to you.. a walking boot perhaps but that may be overkill depending on what is going on exactly...

I hope that this is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions/concerns/discussion and I will be happy to get back with you!

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD