Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Due to the fact that I have slight clubbing of the fingers

Customer Question

Due to the fact that I have slight clubbing of the fingers and nails is there anyway to check the lungs to basically see how close I am to getting diagnosed with cancer like this clubbing of the nails mean my lungs are damaged to the extent that I am closer to getting fiagnosed with cancer or does it mean that my lungs Are just cut up and damaged due to having smoked a lot in the past ten years due to extreme stress mental and emotional stress and major detachment if you can imagine what i ambreying to describe?? Just to give you a basic idea of what i mean whrn i say detached i woke up one morning not feeling like myself and all i did thereafter was dwell on this and smoke more and exercise less and eat less and eat un healthy when i did eat all due to my brain all of a sudden being as if not me so everything i did and didnt do was also not like me if you can understand whay i trying to say??? I haven't even been active sexually in over 5 years unless i paid for it and i bever paid for it before losing myself so to speak please let me know how serious clubbing is and what i can and should do about it if anything also what your take on me becoming detached and losing myself as if who i was my whole life was all a dream and temporary eventho i was the same person the first 28 years of my life ( how i thought perceived spoke ate exercised etc etc
I know this is somewhat vague description but ghis the best i can do given my new mental state
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Clubbing of the nails can be a clinical sign associated with lung disease and you mentioned years of smoking. So years of smoking ...probably a degree of COPD ...this association would make sense BUT clubbing of nails is NOT a diagnostic sign of lung cancer ....it is not a way to diagnose lung cancer....

Your statement above is rather rambling ....

Your worry of lung cancer seems to be excessive and likely due to a health anxiety....

You should get evaluated by a psychiatrist and pursue counseling I think as you describe being bothered as to your mental state... That seems to be a primary concern for you....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How bout whistling from nose due to smoking is this a wheeze or is it just a nose whistle? The sound definizinetely sound like it comimg from my nose

Hello again,

You can have noise from upper respiratory system ( nasal passages / sinuses ) you may feel some sense of vibration perhaps if you have an upper respiratory source of some noise or whistling sound . You may have some congestion of the nasal passages...

Let me know if you have further questions

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is it possible the whistling can be connected to emphysema due to smokimg cigarettes and being very in active as compared to before yet smokimg as much as i did before but not being active hardly ever anymore like i feel exercise and good blood flow and circulation help keep all organs especially the lungs being that i sloke more elastic and healthier and not be emphysematic before typical ages to be diagnosed due toost men my age livimg very active lifestyles for how they live eat exercise and habits like smoke drink etc etc

Hello again,

It could be that you hear wheezing from lungs ( COPD due to smoking)

That is certainly possible ...Any cough ? Do you think that you may be wheezing some ? Do you feel short of breath ? Feel tightness in chest ?

You may benefit to see your doctor .....have MD listen to lungs / check pulse ox/ peak flow / examine nasal passages ....

I think you getting a good thorough check up here would be to your benefit .....

I hope that this is helpful for you

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD