Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I was diagnosed with POEMS Syndrome at the Mayo clinic in

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with POEMS Syndrome at the Mayo clinic in 2008. Since that time, I have had a very hard time locating any MDs in Nashville, TN who know anything about this disease and my pain level has skyrocked. I have had a Bone marrow biopsy that showed that I have seablue histeocytosis. Now, I am completely without any MD who knows anything about these diseases. And cannot find anyone who can treat me. I would appreciate any advice that you can provide to me. Thanks, Tim
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

The basis of this disease is over proliferation of plasma cells. So you need consult a hematologist/ oncologist. If you have access to a tertiary care center that would be best ( by this I mean a LARGE hospital system) preferred is a system connected to a medical school and residency programs. Examples would include Duke / Vanderbuilt / UCLA / etc...

If you have trouble locating such facility then let me know of your location and I may be able to help ..

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

PS I overlooked Nashville TN in your question ! Sorry !

You need to get connected with right doctor in the Vanderbuilt system !

They certainly have hem/onc specialists there that can help you!