Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Wife, 68 years old has been throwing up days now with only

Customer Question

Wife, 68 years old has been throwing up for 4 days now with only water consumption the last three days. What to do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Ideally you should take her to ER because at this age people become dehydrated very easily but since you are here to get help, I do have suggestions for you. In such cases vomiting can be due to loss of electrolytes and minerals so drinking plenty of Gatorade can be helpful. Moreover over the counter available tablet Dramamine, 30 minutes before meals can be helpful. These things can be tried but if they don't help, you should go to ER straight away. I wish your wife good luck and that she gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards