A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Okay I've been having this really embarrassing problem I

Customer Question

Okay I've been having this really embarrassing problem I really didn't Want to talk about this with anyone but since it's been a little less than a month its beginning to worry me the thing see my anus has been uncomfortable when I walk it kinda stings but when I sit it stops the area is red and feels dry and it also feels swollen but there is no blood when I go this has been going on for no longer then a month but it's really annoying since at my job I need to walk a lot. What is this? Should I go see a doctor for this?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 11 months ago.

This may be a hemorrhoidal problem. Your doctor can take a quick peek and let you know for sure. In the meanwhile, you can apply one of the hemorrhoid creams such as Preparation H to the anal area daily to help with the dryness and discomfort.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there anyway to know for sure And could I treat it myself ? Do I really have to go see the doctor ?

You can apply Preparation H to see if that helps. If it doesn't improve within a week, you will need to see your medical provider to see if it really is a hemorrhoid, or if you have an infection. Sorry, but it isn't possible to truly diagnose anything without seeing it, and perhaps run a culture to determine if it is an infection.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay where I can I find Preparation H rite aid?

You will find it with the laxatives and other digestive aids. If you don't see it, a pharmacist will direct you to it.

If you are having any problems with constipation, that can aggravate it. Adding fiber to your diet (Metamucil should be in the same aisle) should help.

Happy New Year!

Schuyler

~