Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Thanks, It' came up in a bing searc results page when I was

Customer Question

Customer: Thanks, ***** ***** up in a bing searc results page when I was seeking feale codoms
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My girlfriend has bladder infections from intercourse, I'm seeking condoms that cove her vagina but allow touching as if it wasn't there to protect from bladder infections used for non intercourse touching. Yes?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No, but I appreciate knowing what my times work looking these matters up myself online
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

The problem of women getting a UTI associated with sexual intercourse is a common one. It has NOTHING to do with you giving her an infection however. The sexual activity allows bacteria in her skin to migrate up the short urethra to the bladder. A condom of any sort would not help this. She may benefit to consult her doctor and obtain a prescription for a preventive antibiotic. A prescription for SEPTRA is often helpful. I have some patients take one within 24 hours of sex and this helps reduce the risk of a bladder infection . She may also have some prevention benefit vs UTIs to take Vitamin C 500 mg daily

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or if

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD