Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I've been having a pressure like feeling in my lower left

Customer Question

Hi, I've been having a pressure like feeling in my lower left and right side of my abdominal, I've also been experiencing some dull pains around the stomach as well for the past 12 month. I've had multiple tests such as blood samples, UGI, Follow Through (barium swallow) CT scans, ultrasounds, and xrays and they've came out all negative. My doctor had put me on some laxatives to push Bowel movements and they have been working. Now the thing I'm concerned about is the possibility of colon cancer, would the probability be high after all those tests? Of would it require something invasive to find anything
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,I really want to assure you that chances of colon cancer are very less.

CT scan can detect cancer and as your results are normal so probability is low.

Hope this helps.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's a bit of a relief, I've also wondered should my eating habits be watched? I have been eating a lot lighter myself, sticking to mostly white meats, greens and high fiber foods. However I've been losing weight over the period of time, should I up my intake. I've also been having this pain around my appendix area, though when I got the CT scan done, they've mentioned of an inflammed mesentary. Would this be of a concerned, and what could I take or do in this situation?
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

You should firstly hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Also start a probiotic and try metamucil.

You should increase your protein intake.

Mild, uncomplicated cases of mesenteric inflammation are caused by a virus and usually go away on their own.

Antibiotics may be prescribed for a moderate to severe bacterial infection.

Eat low fat diet.

Most likely you'll be fine after proper treatment.

Chances of cancer are still less.

Hope this helps.

If you are satisfied with our conversation then positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I have some examples of peobiotic? My apologies, I'm not too updated with the slingo :)
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

You can try Culturelle probiotic which is commonly available.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also curious as to how probiotics will benefit my situation? I've also been having a reoccurring varicose vein pain around my left groin, would any anti inflammatories be able to help? Or should I avoid them for the time being?
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Probiotic contains good gut flora which relieve symptoms like bloating,flatulence,pressure in abdomen.

You can take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug - aspirin or ibuprofen.

You should elevate and exercise your legs.

Also avoid prolonged hours of sitting or standing in same position.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the wait, but thanks for the response.I've noticed now lately I've been getting chest pains, most noticeably a bump in the center of my chest in the more upper quadrant, it's firm and feels like a bruise. I haven't injured myself in regarding it, should I take it into account with what I've been having lately?Also that pain around the appendix comes back every so often, not sure if I could take any pain medication if it's chronic appendicitis. If so, what measures could be taken?
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Take OTC Prilosec.

And see your doctor if pain is severe.

Hope this helps.