Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My 17 year old son drank about 8 oz of a christmas cranberry

Customer Question

My 17 year old son drank about 8 oz of a christmas cranberry nonalcholic cocktail friday night...within 15 minjtes he broke out on right side neck on backside with a red prickly mass of bumps
Subsided after abojt an hour but has now flared back up...25 mg benadryl and hydrocortisone cream has not touched it
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

If he has rash that flared back up then posting a picture to this page may be helpful ( usually many devices have a tool bar with paperclip icon and this will allow upload of file such as picture to this page )

You may try a second 25mg Benadryl plus a Zantac 75 mg (one or two of these ) ( yes it is usually for stomach trouble but it is An H2 blocker which is a second type antihistamine ) ( benadryl is H1 type antihistamine---- both types together give stronger response to control allergic reaction or itching ---)

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD