Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My name is thiru and this is regarding my mom who is 52 yrs

Customer Question

Customer: Hi My name is ***** ***** this is regarding my mom who is 52 yrs of age
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: issue is she was suffering from fever and for last one week couple of days back admitted to hospital she is a sugar patient her sugar levels are about 200 and today they did a scan and scan reports shows that ballgadder is small in size and liver seems to be elongated now she is asked go for another scan today for liver trying to see what could be the reason
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes ready to wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

With the description you had given; there can be many possibilites of the diagnosis;

1) Septicemia; this is severe infection. Diabetics are prone to it.

2) Gall bladder non functioning or poorly functioning.

3) Liver disease like abscess.

She may need further investigative work up like urine and blood culture apart from scan which she is undergoing. She may also need to get the blood work like complete blood counts, comprehensive metabolic panel, if not yet done.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Please let me know your follow up questions, so we can discuss the issue extensively.

Thank you.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.