Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

, My daughter just fell off the end of a chair at a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My daughter just fell off the end of a chair at a friends house on to the back of another chair and it hit her neck on the front left side. it left a scratch about 2 inches long and appears to be a little in flamed. Do I need to take her to have it checked out?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The impact area is sensitive to the touch and is a little swollen
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She is 4 years old
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 11 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

She should be seen by a doctor. Neck is a sensitive area especially in children. The swelling is likely due to hematoma formation (collection of blood due to muscle injury). This causes sensitivity and inflammation too. But a physical exam by a doctor would rule out anything significant (like spine injury).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you think I need to take her to the ER right now? Or monitor her and schedule appointment for the morning?

For any neck or head injury in a child; we work on the high caution. So getting her examined at ER or an urgent care clinic is recommended.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Hope your daughter is doing good.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year 2016.