Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

Back on the 11th, I went to urgent care with what I thought

Customer Question

Back on the 11th, I went to urgent care with what I thought was UTI symptoms-low backache,& Burning after urination. Both the test in the office and the culture they sent out came back negative. While those symptoms are gone, I am left with the feeling that I need to urinate all the time-going does not releave the sensation, it's quite uncomfortable. She told me to follow up with the gynecologist if the symptoms didn't go away, but there are no appointments available until 4 of January. I've been trying to drink more water.Can you offer any insight?On a sidenote, I had a full physical on December 3-All blood work was normal.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you could have overactive bladder muscle spasms.

you need to avoid caffeine and alcohol in your diet which can cause bladder spasms.

there are prescription medications which can help overactive bladder muscles.

medications like Detrol and vesicare can help if you have overactive bladder muscles.

you can try taking over the counter medications like AZO to numb up the bladder which could help your symptoms temporarily

do see a doctor about your bladder symptoms

let me know if you have questions.