Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Mid September I drank what I thought was OJ some forgot to

Customer Question

mid September I drank what I thought was OJ some forgot to put away. Immediate my through and upper 9 out of 10 chest burn. I tried to get poison control but couldn't keep the connection. Luckily my neighbor are both EMT. I had them cancel the ambulance 911 automatically sends due to expenses. The officer that did show up said he could see organisms in the glass. It was decided that my daughter would drive me to the ER. We took a bowl of the mysterious liquid with us. (We now suspected it was "Lime aid punch" that had been made Sept 1. The ER doctor was use to seeing me for chronic Migraines and IBS. But it had been almost a year since I had come in vomiting and in so much pain. He kind of went on autopilot from passed visits. Ordering an EKG because of the burning location, and giving me a strong pain med to help with the pain. Then his shift ended and he went home. The Doctor that took over never checked the liquid and chastised me for have pain medicines I had not requested. then sent me home still not looking into the liquid. They just poured it down the sink. Today I find I have just as painful burning in my throat glans excreta.
But when I with visit my doctor last week he said I have all the signs of an autoimmune disorder. He wants me to see an eye specialist. in the mean time I have drops to moisten my eyes. The are very temporary. My eyes are extremely dry as are my sinuses, to the point I awoke from the pain of just trying to breath. It hurts to swallow and all the water on earth isn't helping. I just get the joy of wetting my pants daily. My neck is stiff, but it is the burning in my throat and glades that concerns me right now + the fever I've had so several days now. do you have any more insight, so I don't ignore it, or panic.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 11 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

How high is fever?

When were your last blood work done?

Could you please again enumerate your immediate present symptoms which need attention?

Thank you.