Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm ***** *****. I have what I believe to be an epididymal

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** *****. I have what I believe to be an epididymal cyst close to my right testi. I found this last year and saw my dr about it, he wasn't too concerned and said I can have it removed if I want but it's nothing to worry about. I left it and it went down (reduced in size) by about half but remained there albeit painless. I have recently found it again, it's larger than before (just smaller than a broad bean) but it is fairly painful. When I walk there is a small amount of pain, when I undo my trousers to urinate I sometimes knock it etc. It's not constantly painful however it can be very irritating and uncomfortable at times. It's not actually a growth on my testi so I guess I can rule out cancer? I just want to know if it will go down again eventually or whether it's going to keep doing this and I should have it removed?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have what I believe to be an epididymal cyst close to my right testi. I found this last year and saw my dr about it, he wasn't too concerned and said I can have it removed if I want but it's nothing to worry about. I left it and it went down (reduced in size) by about half but remained there albeit painless. I have recently found it again, it's larger than before (just smaller than a broad bean) but it is fairly painful. When I walk there is a small amount of pain, when I undo my trousers to urinate I sometimes knock it etc. It's not constantly painful however it can be very irritating and uncomfortable at times. It's not actually a growth on my testi so I guess I can rule out cancer? I just want to know if it will go down again eventually or whether it's going to keep doing this and I should have it removed?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You do not need to worry about cancer.

This is likely the epidymal cyst which can fluctuate in size --not typical with cancerous tumor.

Pain and discomfort also common with benign cysts.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/