Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I see my. Hair seems to be thin loke i can see my scalp more

Customer Question

I see my. Hair seems to be thin loke i can see my scalp more easily especially when i run my hands through my hair but i dont seem to be losing hair nithinvajor like if i run my hands through my head grip and pull on the hair ill get 5 to 10 tops hairs come out ,as far as i can tell i have not found any hair in my shower drain or anything like that yet my hair seems to have thinned ? What can be causing this if im not actually going bald ? My father bas full head of hair my brother the same and my grandfathers both of them had pretty full heads of hair
Im thinking my drug use marijuana and recently but not heavily xanax to sleep may have something to do with it? Also my semen volume very low which im also thinking may be tied to thin hair
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

this is Dr. David

thinning of male hair is very common and can be normal in men as we get older.

but you should see your doctor and get some blood testing.

low thyroid hormone levels, low iron, low b12, low biotin can all cause thinning of hair.

use of a marijuana can cause blood vessels to constrict and can increase your blood pressure

marijuana can also decrease your testosterone levels

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6090909

lower testosterone levels can affect semen volume as well

you should see your doctor to get some blood testing

and seeing if you stop marijuana use, if your hair and semen get better

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just had full blood count blood work done and my doctor didnt call me in to go over results im assuming cause there was nothing to talk about being that i healthy. Who should i see about fact i think im going bald ? For sure my hair is thinning and i dont know if there is anyone i should go see and if there are any tests to see if im going bald ornif its thanks to something else maybe low levels of something

you can see a dermatologist about it if you want.

full blood testing often doesn't include ferritin levels, thyroid hormone levels, B12, and vitamin D levels.

these have to be added on.

your testosterone levels need to be checked as well.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have copy of my bloodbtest would i be able to somehow send u copy if tests and u tell me if what needs to be there is there and how everything else thats there is in the range it should be at the level it should be ? I kmow this may be an odd request but i much rather have you look it over than have to go sit in my dovtors waiting office to do so, also i always working so taking time out to do this a little bit of a pain
Please let me know thank you

you can upload the lab work here

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im thinking i have to do it from a computer my smartphone not giving me the paper clip option to upload pdf file /documents or pictures.
Do u know if this thanks to the fact inusing smartphone rather than computer? Also can the hair thinning being that it not just certain spots on my head but it seems to bry whole head is there a possability that this is happening due to disease like some sort of cancer not detectable in cbc test complete blood count test ? Im thinking lung or some type of smoking related cancer
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do u know if this thanks to the fact inusing smartphone rather than computer? Also can the hair thinning being that it not just certain spots on my head but it seems to bry whole head is there a possability that this is happening due to disease like some sort of cancer not detectable in cbc test complete blood count test ? Im thinking lung or some type of smoking related cancer also would running my hands and fingers through my hair and my hair feelimg thin to ghe touch be am indication or a way to tell that my hair is in fact thinning wether thanks to going bald or soemthing else if anything causing it ?

how old are you?

cancer would cause more symptoms than just hair thinning.

if you are worried about hair loss, you should stop smoking.

best to get those levels checked like I mentioned before.

if you have a smart phone, you can upload your labs to a file sharing site like drop box or google files

and post the http link here so I can then download them.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im 36 just turned 36 last month also how do i get lab results to computer ? Scan them? I will get them To you , just very busy with Work this month thanks to holidays
I in Wholesale coffee busimess so holiday season vusy for us as for lost busimesses

you can take a photo of the labs and upload the jpg image here

here are instructions to upload an image from a computer

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok i will do it within the hour
Can you tell me what doctors or clinicians check fertility and hormones I knoe it's probably 2 seperate docs and or clinicians but i need it checked
Thank you for all your help thus far if i need to start a new discussion/question let me know and i will

endocrinology doctors check your hormones

urology doctors or male fertility clinics check male fertility

please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com