Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

Neat! Didn't know this existed. My wife has genital herpes.

Customer Question

Neat! Didn't know this existed. My wife has genital herpes. She told me before our marriage. I don't have any symptoms, but perhaps have it by now. She takes daily aciclovir, but thinks some sores near her anus may be a breakout. (We don't do anal intercourse.) What are my risk of whatever?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you have a high chancefor having the herpes virus in your body and having antibodies to fight the herpes virus in your body

you can get blood test to see if you have antibodies to herpes virus in your body to confirm this.

herpes can break out as painful ulcers in your genital area or cold sores in your mouth or tongue when you are run down and your immune system is declined and you are not getting enough sleep and not eating properly.

your doctor can do this blood tests for you

let me know if you have questions.