Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I have a tingling feeling that comes and goes on the surface

Customer Question

i have a tingling feeling that comes and goes on the surface of my upper right belly and also internally. just below my ribs. it started over 1 month ago and has gotten progressively worse. It is particularly noticeable when I am in a sitting position. The feeling increases in frequency and is more intense when I eat. Sometimes it becomes moderately painful with up to 30 minutes of discomfort. I am trying to figure out what is wrong.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr David

this tingling dyscomfort could be due to inflammation of your gall bladder or inflammation of your stomach from too much stomach acid.

eating fatty foods can worsen stomach acid production, stomach inflammation, also can increase gall bladder inflammation.

you need to see a doctor to get a gall bladder ultrasound and see if stomach acid blockers help your symptoms.

let me know if you have questions.