Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I woke up this morning with terrible pain in my left foot. I

Customer Question

I woke up this morning with terrible pain in my left foot. I can not bear weight or even touch the bottom outside portion,
like along 4th and 5th metatarsal. There is maybe mild swelling and redness; some tingling in toes. I put on shoes and now able to walk on inside ball of foot, but not able to step or stride. I have recently experienced a pinched nerve in left side of my neck limiting my neck ROM and sometimes "catching" and sending a lightning bolt through my neck. Related?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

H

This could be a gout attack or a sudden attack of plantar fasciitis

It wouldn't likely be related to your neck issues since it's actually painful to put weight on the foot.

I suggest you have a doctor look at it and see if you need your serum uric acid level checked since gout is cause by a high uric acid level

If it's gout it can be treated with colchicine and indocin followed by allopurinol

Plantar fasciitis is treated with ibuprofen and perhaps a cortisone injection

Let me know if your need any more information please