Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Quick one I hope .. I think I know the answer to this but

Customer Question

Hello doc :-)
Quick one I hope .. I think I know the answer to this but want to check with u.. Chest pain/ache in left pec area.. Comes and goes .. So went to the gym earlier and on the bike.. Pushed my HR 150+ for about a min and then gradually brought it .. Then pushed again to 150 and repeated this about 3 times.. No extra pain in the chest at all during the excercise .. But I feel it now when at home .. If I push on it I can make it hurt a little too .. Bike proved its muscle pain?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Purely muscle grasshopper--cardiac pain doesn't cause tenderness in the chest wall

And once again you performed your own stress test and came through that with flying colors

Not your heart

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope you are right :-(
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

So why do you still have doubts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because that's what I do :-)
Anyway it's also normal to feel the veins etc pounding on my scalp during high intensity excercise and immediately after as the heart gradually slows down? I feel my carotid arteries which I know is normal .. But I also feel it in my temples and all over my scalp .. All this normal I take it?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

That's normal grasshopper--totally normal

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok cool.. One more thing .. While I was on the bike I felt a sharp localised pain in the top of my scalp near the crown area .. Lasted a few seconds then disappeared.. This would be a sign of anything dangerous would it? The pain felt it was more on the scalp surface rather than anything deep?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

That's all muscular grasshopper from tight neck muscles--nothing serious

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks doc and a very good night to you :-)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Cheers grasshopper

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello dr.. you are back?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 month ago.

Hey grasshopper--yes I am and so so sorry I couldn't talk to you for such a long time. Long story short--I had to take a sabbatical.

So how have you been?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh man so glad to see you here .. all sorts crossed my mind.. was always praying that u were ok.. I didn't continue with my membership for too long after u left.. but will have to renew it now that you are back .. hope ur alright.. I've been ok too .. usual bouts of worry now and again but not as bad as it used to be
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 month ago.

I'm fine and thanks for the concern.

Best course for now is to post a new question for me on either the US or UK Medical site rather than in US Health

Look forward to talking with you again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do soon .. what's the U.K. Site?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 month ago.

Don't worry--just use the US site like on this page.