Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My partner has a wooden boat - there is something bad on it

Customer Question

My partner has a wooden boat - there is something bad on it for over 2 years - Bu just now being in his company and breathing near him I have severe allergy - I am
Sick for days with breast pain and aching body - dry cough - extreme laboured breathing and I loose my voice for days - I can't even touch hi a hand or kiss him as whatever it is makes me very I'll /I rub my nose & eyes insistently -im scared -he says that heaves in boat and he denies he has symptoms but I always see him run his eyes and nose / im so worried for both of us and his denial - what can it be ?? I can't stress enough hoe sick it makes me.
I have tried holistic route - remedies - diet / immune building - even a remedy which involved drinking sips of my urine - nothing has worked - for example also / if I pick up or touch anything like his phone that had been on his boat in his pocket it will make me react / what can I do - what can we do - I also want to sleep now when I feel so tired
Many thanks
Sonia
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sonia,

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Your symptoms are quite likely to be due to allergy. Many times, to identify an allergen can be tough task, by the person herself / himself. But majority of the allergies can be identified by the investigations; these are termed as in vitro and in vivo allergy tests. You may take an over the counter allergy medication for 3-5 days and see if the symptoms abate. That would further establish the causative to be allergy. The total eosinophil count if raised also point towards allergy.

If allergy is ruled out by the investigations; than you may need other tests like autoimmune panel, comprehensive metabolic panel etc.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Sonia,

One of the possibility to think would be mold in the boat (if you had encountered any). Molds can cause varied symptom complex;

1) Allergic nose inflammation (allergic rhinitis); runny and itch nose,

2) Allergic conjunctivitis; itch and runny eyes, redness / pink eye

3) Bronchitis; cough

4) Asthma; wheezing

5) Enlargement of glands in neck and throat

6) Ear infections or ear discharge

7) Purulent (bad smelling) sputum / phlegm or cough,

8) Breathlessness (dyspnea),

9) Low-grade fever,

10 Chest pain,

11) Blood in sputum (hemoptysis),

12) Sense of non well being (malaise)

13) Widespread aches and pains,

14) Loss of appetite (anorexia),

15) Tiredness

Following consideration also may help;

a) Pets need to be removed if there are any.

b) Control of indoor humidity may provide the best avenue for dust mite and mold abatement.

c) Cockroach control (if present).

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry but I already know all this you have written - I have been as I say to all holistic doctors etc - this is just telling me what I already said and nothing about spores which are being transferred etc - not teally very I depth or helpful and found can find this also on Internet and more - so not useful im afraid - :(
I don't wish to pay

Hello Sonia,

There is no way we could know, what you already know.

Confirmation of the thought process and personal opinions too is what this forum is used.

Allergies need testing to be confirmed and if you had already done that, I am sure you have not posted the question.

If there are specific questions, I would be very glad to answer them, further.

Please do not worry about the payment, if you are not satisfied.

Wishing you all the very best.

Best regards.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 11 months ago.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year 2016.