Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I have clear filled bumps on my penis shaft
, they are

Customer Question

Customer: hi I have clear filled bumps on my penis shaft
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: they are clear filled when squeezed they pop and i just had sex while i had them and they turned white they are now scabbing and healing over i am in a panic right now
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure but do i pay for each response
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can send pictures if necessary
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Was it unprotected sex?

Associated itching,pain?

Burning sensation during urination?

Penile discharge?

Please send pictures if possible.

Thanks.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well i haven't had unprotected sex in 6months-1year the time i had sex yesterday i already had the bumps but noticed after sex they showed more and were white. no itching or pain. no penile discharge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a picture today after the clear filled bumps have healed. 2 days ago they were filled with liquid i popped them, yesterday they were white-ish colored and today they are scabbed over going away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was tested about a year ago and was negative to all stds but i do remember having these in the past before i was tested and still negative
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please respond ASAP as i used this service to get immediate response. i will be getting std tested tomorrow. thanks
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Well your picture doesn't suggest any sort of STD.

You should apply OTChydrocortisone cream mixed with Bacitracin.

Avoid scratching and popping as it can result in infection.

You should do safe sex practices.

As you had already undergone STD panel and there is no associated penile discharge,itching,pain so you needn't to undergo STD panel again.

In case you develop pain,itching,penile discharge then you should see your doctor.

Otherwise you would be fine.

Avoid masturbation and sex for a while until they heal properly.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you could it be possible my picture doesn't suggest std because the bumps are healing now ? or what makes you say it doesn't suggest std? waiting on your reply. thanks so much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they were burning when having sex but that is also because i had just popped them prior.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Well You have developed such bumps two days after sex.

|And most of the STD don't develop in such short period of time.

Chances of STD are less.

Try such self care measures for few days to see if they respond.

Hope this helps.

If you are satisfied with our conversation then positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.

Feel free for further queries.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i developed the bumps before i had sex popped them before sex and then during sex they became irritated/burning and white-ish colored.now they are almost gone as shown in my picture.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

I understand your concern.

As per your picture,chances of STD are less.

You shouldn't worry.

And try such self care measures for a while.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is a pic of them today heailing over with scabs . what do you think?
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

I do think you should visit your primary care doctor and they may want to test for Sexually transmitted infections.

Clear fluid filled bumps may be due to herpes infection and further investigations and treatment may be planned as per the test reports and clinical findings.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i explained this all to you first and you told me i should not worry and doesn't look like herpes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are there any other things that may cause clear fluid filled bumps? i have had in the past but always went away and when tested was negative to everything
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

If specific antibodies for HSV 1 and 2 IgG And IgM are negative it suggest that this may not be herpes.

I do think that since your condition is re-occuring it is better to get a re-test for specific antibodies to rule out herpes.

A negative test result will result in peace of mind and prevent further panic attacks.

Local skin infections ?bacterial or friction or allergy can also cause such symptoms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sent over better quality pictures with more light. in your experience what does this look like? still possible to be infection or something other then herpes (I'm praying i don't have) is there anything in meantime to help heal faster? i got a full std test with herpes blood test and culture swab today. awaiting my results nervously
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

I understand your concern.

You should try such self care measures as we have discussed earlier to heal lesions faster.

You should try to relax yourself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok and last question, do herpes usually have other symptoms then just bumps? like burning when urinating or pain nausea. as i don't have any of those
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Burning sensation during urination,nausea are not cardinal symptoms with herpes.

Pain can be associated with herpes.

Chances of herpes are less however present so i have suggested to go for testing.

I understand your worry and it's my priority to help you in every aspect.

Negative results is confirmatory method to determine the exact diagnosis.

Hope this helps.

If you are satisfied with our conversation then positive feedback is appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's picture of healing bumps today I masturbated last night which probably made a little worse but never got pain any pain with the bumps just irritation.i woke up today with a soar throat and my body really weak and aches I don't know if this is related to the bumps on my penis or other but I feel terrible. I did kiss someone many times this weekend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i also remember i seem to develop bumps in the past if i masterbate a lot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my fever is 101.8 now :(
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Such sore throat,body ache,fever can be associated with Viral pharyngitis.

You can do saline gargles,take OTC Motrin & Claritin.

Drink warm liquids also.

Start a multivitamin.

These are not related to bumps.

Get your STD panel results for confirmation.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is an update of them today. no itching or burning . no fever anymore. still waiting on std results called today spoke with the front desk and they said nurse would call me back. don't know if thats a bad thing or not.how do they look? I'm so nervous i have herpes i haven't been able to get out of bed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is picture of it now
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

I understand your concern.

As it is healing so i advise you to try OTC Bacitracin ointment on it also.

Avoid masturbation and sex for a while.

Hope this helps.