Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I have the urge to clear my throat and I feel like there is

Customer Question

Hi, I have the urge to clear my throat and I feel like there is something in my chest, well between my breasts but nothing comes up when I cough. Occasionally I feel like I can't get a deep breathe, one that bottoms out if that makes sense. I believe I have developed a health anxiety and can't stop googling symtpoms and assuming I have something major. Previously I had been diagnosed with a hiatel hernia and have been on nexium.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to see your doctor about treatment for your health anxiety symptoms.

if you have bad anxiety symptoms, you will continue to worry about mild symptoms.

you should stop googling symptoms. your anxiety disorder is doing this and when you find something alarming, it only feeds your anxiety disorder.

anxiety disorder can cause pain in the chest, lump in your throat, shortness of breath, nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness and other symptoms.

hiatal hernia can also cause acid reflux as well which can cause chest pains and heart burn.

are you willing to see your doctor to get treatment for your anxiety symptoms?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com