Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I thought I had a simple UTI but in the last few hours the

Customer Question

I thought I had a simple UTI but in the last few hours the pain has moved up to my left side, clenching dull pain and I feel like I can feel my kidney quivering. I had kidney stones about three months ago and it feel similar, I don't want to seem dramatic but the only option this late in the evening is an urgent care/ER. But I am quite miserable.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

It seems like you have a kidney infection which is a more severe form of UTI. I would recommend you go to an ER right away, you likely need intravenous antibiotics

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no fever does that make a difference?
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

No, it does not make a difference, you may develop a fever with time as it worsens. You need a urinalysis and antibiotics, by the time you have a fever it may be in your blood stream

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

You're quite welcome

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

If you still have questions on this condition please feel free to ask, if not you may click a rating button to end the session