JACUSTOMER-jukovyew-
JACUSTOMER-jukovyew-,
Experience:  Medical consultant at Askdoctorparker.com
90648412

Can i take cefadroxil infection
, i was prescribed

Customer Question

Customer: can i take cefadroxil for tooth infection
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i was prescribed cefadroxil before flying back to the states in spain for a tooth infection, but i read that is not prescribed for that here
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also i am on coumadin. should i be worried about interactions?
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-jukovyew- replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr Ritu Goel, your medical advisor for today.

You should take Clindamycin for dental infection which is the first line antibiotic for dental infections. Cefadroxil is usually used to treat strep throat, skin and urinary tract infections. You can take Clindamycin with coumadin, there will be no interaction. If you find this answer helpful, please rate me as good or excellent. If you have any further queries, do not hesitate to contact me, I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Dr Ritu Goel