A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I am trying to find a doctor in the city of Batavia or

Customer Question

I am trying to find a doctor in the city of Batavia or Geneva or St. Charles or Elgin or Aurora that prescribes OxyContin. I moved from California and my doctor prescribed it for severe back pain and other reasons and I can't find anyone out here to help me
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the state of Illinois please in those specified cities
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-jukovyew- replied 1 year ago.

Hello Amanda,

This is Dr Ritu Goel, your medical advisor for today.

I will try to help you out. Please visit the following link and search for an orthopedist doctor in the states mentioned. Click on your state of choice and you will get a list of doctors. You can contact them, since they are orthopedists, they would be prescribing oxycontin.

http://www.healthgrades.com/orthopedic-surgery-directory/il-illinois

If you find this helpful, please rate me as good or excellent, if not, please don't rate me as poor, just let me know and I will opt out. I just wanted to help you.

Thanks

Dr Ritu Goel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know a particular Doctor. These ones refuse to prescribe this medication. I may have to go to California where they help people with comic pain

No, unfortunately, I don't know of a particular doctor. I will opt out of the question.

Thanks

Dr Ritu Goel

Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but no health expert will know of a specific doctor who prescribes OxyContin (or any other specific brand/type of medication) since every doctor will determine what needs to be prescribed for any patient after examining them and their records. Just about every doctor can and will prescribe OxyContin if that is what they believe is best for that particular patient.

You are most likely to be helped by a pain management provider rather than any other specialty. These are usually anesthesiologists who have further advanced training in pain management.

Illinois Pain Institute is the largest pain management group in Illinois. They have offices in Elgin, in addition to Barrington, Elmhurst, Lake Barrington, McHenry, Itasca, Libertyville, and Huntley. Here is the contact information for the Elgin Office:

Summit Green Medical Center*****br />Elgin, IL###-##-####/p>

Tel:(###) ###-####/p>

I would suggest you give them a call to schedule an appointment. Calling to ask if they prescribe OxyContin will almost assuredly lead to a disappointing answer, just as it will with any medical practice.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~