Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I recently had blood work taken. I had a baby via c section

Customer Question

Customer: I recently had blood work taken. I had a baby via c section 6 weeks ago and I am currently breast feeding. All levels came back normal except for SGPT (alt) came back high at 59. I was not fasting, I ate breakfast and had coffee an hour prior to the test. Should I be concerned over this number?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just read our labs taken from blood work completed for health insurance. I am trying to understand the labs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Your SGPT is minimally elevated and we call that clinically insignificant--it doesn't indicate a problem with your liver or with any other disease process.

So nothing to worry about here

Please let me know if you need any more information