Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

My name is ***** *****. Regarding hematocrit and MCV
,

Customer Question

Customer: Hello my name is ***** *****. Regarding hematocrit and MCV
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have hematocrit 41.4, with reference values 43-49, MCV 82.5 ref. 85-95,other values are ok, except glucose which is 5.8 (ref. 3.5 - 5.5).I've had a slight fever no higher than 37.3 °C for 3 weeks, now fever is gone but I still have thrills.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok, wait... how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.

Hematocrit measures the percentage of a person's total blood volume that consists of red blood cells.

Mean corpuscular volume (MCV) is a measurement of the average size of a single red blood cell.

With these calculation we can tell about the red cell counts and size.

If your hemoglobin is low and hematocrit and MCV are also low then it means you have low iron in your body.

If this glucose was raised in your blood then it may be a positive test for you being diabetic, this test needs a repeat before diabetes label can be placed.

Let me know if you have questions, thank you.