Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Happy thanksgiving. i woke up to a urinary infection this

Customer Question

Customer: hi. happy thanksgiving. i woke up to a urinary infection this morning...urgency, burning, pain, and my urine started smelling very strong yesterday. i recently was on cefdinir for 8 weeks to address chronic sinusitis, but discontinued when i fell and broke my elbow a few weeks ago. i am on pain meds for elbow naproxen 500mg twice a day and hydromorphone 2mg every four hours although i am able to stretch that out to 6 hours or more at times. i do not want to go to ER because of holiday and also already facing big bills from surgery. i still have 19 200mg cefdinir capsules left as original plan for sinuses was a ten week course. can i take this med for UTI and be safe with other meds? sorry for all lower case...typing with one finger. thank you, ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: oh also, occasionally taking ondansetron 4mg for nausea and i take a generic for allegra each evening.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, thank you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi. It should be fine to take the Cefdinir with your other meds. Five days' worth should clear up a UTI

That said, you really shouldn't treat yourself and should see a doctor for this

Let me know if you need any more information please