Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My name is ***** *****. Been having alot of brain fogs,

Customer Question

Customer: Hello my name is ***** *****. Been having alot of brain fogs, stomach digestion is not that well and its effecting my daily life as concentration is very poor. I noticed after drinking my stool is very black
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been having some pain within my skull region not severe it feels like migraine every time i start studying. When this happens i immediately start experiencing brain fog i dont understand what im studyin, i cant remember stuff i did few hours and everything feels slow as in my coordinations becomes slow. After a long night drinking(whiskey) today i noticed my stool was very black
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

As such black stools can be a sign of upper GI bleed.

Alternatively it can be due to some food giving black colour to stool.If the symptoms persist for next few days you should be further investigated to rule out any upper GI endoscopy.

Also you should be further checked to rule out anaemia.Low Hemoglobin can cause brain fog like symptoms.

Dehydration should be ruled out as well.

Low blood pressure and low blood sugar can cause brain fog like symptoms.
Avoid heavy drinking for next few days to see if your symptoms improve.

Drink plenty of fluids and juices to prevent dehydration.

I hope this helps