Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I have been having vaginal pain since this past Sunday

Customer Question

Hello, this is Kim and I have been having vaginal pain since this past Sunday morning. I had vaginal sex Saturday night and woke u witha burning pain. Went to my gynecologist Wednesday and there was a little blood in my urine but test results came back o bladder infection. Dr. gave me pills to alleviate the burning & put me on antibiotics as a precaution. I haven't had sex since but my vagina feels achy & still hurts when I pee. Hurts not burns. I think I can see my cervix too standing with one foot on the toilet using a mirror.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

that is good you saw a gyn doctor.

and that you are placed on antibiotics. you are probably put on pyridium to numb the bladder.

you could have suffered vaginal trauma or a small vaginal tear or mild urethra trauma from sex saturday causing achiness sensation and hurting when you urinate.

the urethra could have been injured and it will take some time to slowly heal up.

keep making sure you drink plenty of water and fluids

and keep taking your antibiotics.

your symptoms should get better

are you having any vaginal discharge?

did your doctor do a gyn examination and vaginal culture this past Wednesday?