Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I had sex with my boyfriend first time this week. Afterwards

Customer Question

Hi dr Steve. I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time this week. Afterwards he broke Putin a rash sound his private area. Not on his penis- just around. Could that be an STD?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi--what does the rash look like?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like an acne breakout and is irritable (itchy). A few other points... There's no reason for me to believe I have an STD. I haven't had sex since Jun and even then- it was with the same man for 14years. I do struggle with sensitive skin and have had issues with itching In my genital area off and on over the years- but have had it looked at and Drs have said it was most likely caused by contact dermatitis (itching is not in the vagina, but rather in the area around it). There was once that I tested positive for strep in that area (the itching was extreme then) and doc said it was most likely caused because I was itching. So here's ny question.. I doubt it's an STD- unless I've had one for years and never knew.. But is it possible that I have gotten a fungal, bacterial, or yeast infection In that area-- not realized it-- and passed it to him? Keep in mind, his rash is not on the penis- more the inner thigh and surrounding area. Is there anything else it can be? Can you get a heat rash, for instance, from a night of sex? It showed up 1 full day after we had sex. Ie not the very next morning, but the morning after that.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

OK. No, not an STD

It sounds like, in a sense, a heat rash akin to athlete's foot

Nothing serious and it can be treated with over the counter Lamisil cream

Let me know if you need any more information please