Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I noticed today that my right inside ankle hurts When I

Customer Question

Hi doctor,
I noticed today that my right inside ankle hurts
When I walk. Ten area is about two inches from the bottom of my foot. Inside like right above the bone.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Did you twist it Sonja?

Any swelling or bruising?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No didn't twist it and no swelling or brushing at all
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Is it sore to press on there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A little in the fatty part. When I walk it feel like I am pulling something kind of. Not every time I walk but off and on
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

OK. Then it has to be a bout of tendonitis--tendon inflammation--and that can happen without any trauma or twisting

Nothing too serious--just rest the foot as much as possible and you can apply topical capsaicin or Biofreeze cream

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I will do that after I am done cooking.
Thank you I will check back in the morning if that's okay I will leave this open for now. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

No problem for tomorrow morning Sonja

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor the pain Is still in my right ankle not as bad but I have tried to stay off of it.
I just received a phone call from my doctors office saying I need to come I. Talk about the results of the two MRIs I just had of my head and neck, I told the nurse I still have a spine one that need to be done on Friday should I wait to get that done she said no the doctors doesn't want to wait for that test he wants to talk to you tomorrow. So now it has me scared not knowing.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Of course I have no idea what might have been on the MRI Sonja but just because he wants to talk to you doesn't mean it's anything serious

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please pray for me doctor I see him tomorrow at 3:00pm I will come back online and tell you tomorrow evening what is going on.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

I'll pray for you dear--get back to me when you can