Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My ANA is 1:80 speckled, p-anca 1:80 and on retest 1:40, and

Customer Question

Hello Dr.--my ANA is 1:80 speckled, p-anca 1:80 and on retest 1:40, and cryoglobulin weak positive, vasculitis panel positive--my dr thinks i have vasculitis, rheumatologist says possibly SLE and vasculitis--he says he's not sure.
Have you got any thoughts/opinion given the little info I've given you? 56 yr old female recovering from Lyme, Babesia and Anaplasma. Thanks much!
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have an almost constant headache and continual tinnitus since april when I was hospitalized with anaplasma (tick borne disease.)
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

You could have an MRA (magnetic resonance angiography ) to look at the arteries of your head. If you have vasculitis then it would show abnormal tapering of arteries..

If certain types of vasculitis are suspected ( temperol arthritis ) then a biopsy of a temperol artery may be done to establish diagnosis

Vasculitis usually causes extremely high inflammatory markers --sed rate and C-reactive protein

Your ANA and p-ANCA are a bit high but not terribly and these labs alone are nonspecific ...these alone are not diagnostic ....

You can get antibody testing for suspected potential infections

The tinnitus may be a separate issue and I would advise you consult an ENT specialist for that ...

The ANA results you state are not so high to make me suspect a high likelihood of lupus for example as these clinical cases usually have higher titers such as 1:320...as example ...this lab can fluctuate up and down ....

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD