Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My period starts around 10-12th of this month if I have sex

Customer Question

Hi, my period starts around 10-12th of this month if I have sex now will it be possible for me to become pregnant
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

It would not be expected for you to get pregnant with this timing... I would not say ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE but definitely NOT expected based on the history that you give..(often people may misjudge the timing of their menstrual cycle for starters....)

We would expect that you would be most likely to ovulate at about 14 days after the FIRST day of your last period... If you have intercourse close to the time of ovulation then that would be the highest probability for you to get pregnant...

I hope that this information is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you. If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD