Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

My lower legs and an ankles are swollen. I went to cvs and

Customer Question

My lower legs and an ankles are swollen. I went to cvs and bought Futuro socks. I bought the xl size and still can't get them on. I need to get a pressure wrap that expands after you put the on. Any suggestions ? On
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you can use ACE elastic bandages to wrap on your legs now.

you really should have a lymphadema specialist work with you to help you with compression stockings

you need a larger medical compression stockings to help squeeze out fluid out of your legs

you need to avoid salt

ask your doctor for a prescription for lasix which can help

you need to elevate your legs above your heart in a recliner as often as you can to help decrease swelling.

you need blood testing to check your heart and your liver to see if weakness of your heart or liver is causing your swelling in your legs

some doctors would recommend that you go to the ER to get ultrasound scans to check for blood clots in your legs.

when can you see your doctor to be referred to get these tests and medical compression stockings?

Jobst is one brand of prescription medical compression stockings for your legs.