Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have a 6 year old. She ate dinner around 630. At her

Customer Question

I have a 6 year old. She ate dinner around 630. At her grandmothers house. Woke up around nine 930 throwing up and complaining of severe abdominal pain. Grandmother brought her to me. She is pointing to the right side of her abdomen . She says that it feels like something is trying to pop out of her stomach. She is not running a fever. Moving makes it feel worse.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

Is she able to keep liquid down?

Have you given any medicines to her?

Thanks.

Waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not given her any medicine. As it seemed it was a stomachache. She has not had any water since she's gotten home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She says the pain gets better. And then it comes back really hard.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

As per your description,possible differential diagnosis may include Gastroenteritis,Appendicitis,Urinary tract infection.

You should give her OTC children's Motrin/Tylenol.

Also do warm compresses on her abdomen.

Give her Pedialyte.

In case of severe pain then visit ER.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

All her symptoms throwing up and severe abdominal pain of sudden onset need an evaluation to rule out acute appendicitis. Delay in removing it (surgery) may cause complications. Second common cause is gastroenteritis. That too may need a physical exam and some injectable antibiotics or intravenous fluids, if the symptoms persist. The primary aim is prevention of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. If the diarrhea loss of fluids is too much or you are unable to drink enough liquids; she may need antibiotics and / or intravenous fluids. In that case she needs to got to ER.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

I'm here to discuss further queries until you get satisfied with our conversation.
Please press reply button rather than give poor/bad service.
Positive feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.