Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My son is being treated concussion but is back at school and

Customer Question

My son is being treated for a concussion but is back at school and admitted to taking adderall to complete an essay. He has never been diagnosed as ADHD but got the pill (or pills) from a friend who has. What should we do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

That is a serious issue and it sounds that he needs a long talk to get important points across.. he should of course NEVER take a Rx medicine of someone else. He does NOT KNOW the potential side effects and dangers of doing this! This practivce in general of course is fraught with danger! It can be fatal!

In his specific case the concussion plus Adderall may lead to increased risk of seizure. So it is not harmless.

It sounds that this happened in recent past and there would not be any ongoing problem to him medically. He needs to understand the potential danger to himself from this kind of action however...

I hope that this is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answer has been helpful adn to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much as that info is extremely helpful.

You are very welcome!

Let me know if I may be of further help..

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD