Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I am just trying to figure out a few blood test results that

Customer Question

Hi I am just trying to figure out a few blood test results that are out of range. Leukocyte esterase 3+, WBC is 6-10 and complement component c3c Is 89 low. What does this all mean? Eileen
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi Eileen

One question first--the first two values look like they're from a urinalysis--is that so?

And did you have other tests drawn besides the c3 complement level?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
urine and blood test were done: WBC 6-10 and Leukocyte esterace is 3+ however no bacteria was seen or hyaline cast and protein nitrite occult blood, ketones , bilirubin and glucose were all negitive
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

But for the question about lupus--did you also have antinuclear antibody, rheumatoid factor, sed rate and C reactive protein checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an elevated ANA, that much I know. That has been always elevated for years and they don't check that anymore. They said it will always be that way.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Well that along with the low c3 level might indicate lupus but you'd need the other tests to confirm that and a rheumatologist would be the one to see for that. The urinalysis results might indicate a bladder infection but would have nothing to do with lupus