Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Prognosis of Extensive periventricular and subcortical T2

Customer Question

Prognosis of
Extensive periventricular and subcortical T2 white matter hyperintensities both cerebral hemispheres and in the pons
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

You need follow up with your neurologist with these findings. The description could fit with possible diagnosis of multiple sclerosis . If this is MS then there are treatments available ( not a cure but treatment to help slow progression )

The MRI findings need careful review by your neurologist. The description could fit with other possible causes. Vascular diseae could lead to similar type findings . You physical exam and history are pertinent to interpreting the MRI as well..Your MRI is examined with this context in mind .

Your evaluation may be looked at as a work in progress . You may see increased certainty by review of actual images by neurologist and history and physical. You may have other studies considered . Follow up of the MRI may be repeated down the road of time such as 6 and 12 months .

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD